Countdown

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Aussie Trip 2014

I've been dreading the day of my flight to Oz. I was so scared of leaving my comfort zone. Meeting new people doesn't excite me. Travelling alone makes me palpitate. Yeah, I'm a loser. :)

But looking back, I now wish I have stayed longer. I now wish that the time when I was there didn't go that quickly. It was one of the best experiences EVER!

Everything is just sooo amazing but here's some highlights for you:
(Warning: Picture Overload)

1. SOLO Travel
It was my first solo travel. Did I mentioned solo? Yeah, it's just me, myself and I. And it was so scary! I am used to having someone at my beck and call. Used to having someone carry my things. OK, not the PA type but someone aka "the BF". Haha. I asked for a window seat and I'm glad I got one. I prayed I'll be seated next to someone I can tolerate for the whole duration of flight. And I was seated to a fellow Pinay! Thank God!




2. Food Trip
I see to it that I'll eat foods that I wouldn't normally have back home. Eating is expensive in Oz, heck, everything is expensive! But the serving sizes are humongous and everything is uber yummy!

Bacon and Poached eggs with Vienna Toast
Hot Chicken Sandwich at Nando's
My 1st medium rare Steak!
Lamb Shank
Moussaka with Greek Salad
Yummy Italian Ice Cream
Japanese Omelette Rice
Typical Oz (BNE) food: Hotdogs and Fries
Elephant's Salad
Calamares
Uber Yummy Jamaican Jerk Chicken *cravings!
3. Accommodation
They asked me if I have accommodations in mind but I said I leave the planning to them. Glad I did because the place is simply amazing. Not just your typical room with a bed and toilet. It's like a fully-furnished condo unit in the center of the city. Until now, I still miss my uber comfy bed. Ahh.. the pictures brings back fond memories.








4. The Drinking Sessions
OK, I am not really a drinker and my stay in Brisbane makes me realized that I can only tolerate a glass of champagne. Beyond that, the room will start spinning. Haha. These are just some of alcohol shots. On my last Friday there, we bar hop for 4x and I lost an earring during the night coz I was so dizzy already. But surprisingly, I had fun. 





5. The City of Brisbane from my POV
Used to be the tallest building in BNE


Overlooking Mt. Kootha

Chinatown
Story Bridge
Hip Bar
Man-made Beach in the City
(Real sand and saltwater)

The Eye of Brisbane







6. Encounters with the Wild
We spent my last Saturday there in Gold Coast and the Bird Sanctuary. Pictures of the Currumbin beach on my previous pictures and it was REALLY beautiful. 







Emily, the "sheep dog"



Tasmanian Devil
Emu
Bird feeding of honey and milk in a plate

Close encounter with the Kangaroos (with my Boss)

Close encounter with the Koala (1 picture for $20 @@)

7. The PEOPLE
Last but definitely not least, I was really blessed to have met such generous and warm people. They see to it that I am comfortable down to the last bit. They actually took care of everything from visa processing, tickets, accommodation, meals, transportation and even pasalubong and lakwatsa! Now, I am excited to come back and stay for a longer period of time. :)

After my short visit in Oz, my life will never be the same again. I gained experience, confidence, independence (a little) and a whole bunch of new friends. 

Thank you God for blessing me much more than I deserve. :)













No comments:

Post a Comment